Social

SocialJustice

This year, the Charlatan is bringing new meaning to the term 'special issue.' The COVID-19 pandemic has spotlighted some of the structural inequalities that have plagued the systems and institutions all around us. While these issues have always existed, the pandemic has sparked new conversations and reinforced ongoing activism.

With this special edition issue, we hope to highlight stories of Carleton community members and others alike who are making their voices heard on issues that matter to them.

Special Edition Stories

In Photos: A look back at a year unlike many

Photos by Anya Swettenham, Saif Rahman, Louis Yoon and Nicola Scodro

‘Consuming my experience as a student’: How cancelling the Attendant Services Program impacts Carleton community members

As her peers sit in classrooms and lecture halls, fourth-year journalism student Kimberley Chiasson has to log in to Zoom from her home in...

‘Exposed’: The undue challenges student mothers face on campus

In 2015, nearly four months after giving birth to her son, Christiane Lafleche enrolled at Carleton University to complete her master’s in social work.  With...

Carleton Kinàmàgawin progress needs transparency, committee members say

In May 2020, the Carleton University Strategic Indigenous Initiatives Committee (CUSIIC) released 41 calls to action in a report titled, Kinàmàgawin. More than a...

Study finds climate crisis and income inequality intertwined

A recent study conducted by University of Waterloo and University of Guelph researchers has found polarization between the rich and poor over addressing climate...

News

National

Features

Sports

Opinion

Arts

Photos

Blog

The Partisan