Advertising

Advertising with the Charlatan

The Charlatan has been delivering a student perspective of the world for more than 70 years. What started out as a small four-page bi-monthly paper, grew to a full-length newspaper with a distribution of 8,500 print copies a week, to a predominately digital publication with thousands of unique views every week on our website. We now also produce two full-colour, magazine-style print issues per year.

With the ever-growing student population of Carleton University, there are more and more students looking towards the Charlatan for information about news, sports, events, and student and campus life. With a readership of about 15,000 a week and such a specific demographic, it is easy to see why so many advertisers rely on the Charlatan to reach their target audience.

Today’s students have much more disposable income, buying power and presence in the purchasing process, making the Charlatan a useful and important tool for local and national businesses.

Our Advertising Rates

Contact

Jesse Hsieh – Office Administrator

Email: office.charlatan@gmail.com (All inquiries will be answered by Office Administrator Jesse Hsieh)

The Charlatan is the independent student newspaper of Carleton University. The Charlatan advertising policy is designed as a guide for advertisers. The Charlatan reserves the right to refuse any advertisement outside of the bounds of this policy.

Content

The Charlatan will not run any advertisement the editor-in-chief deems to be racist, sexist, homophobic or otherwise discriminatory and/or against the values of the newspaper/university.

As well, any advertisement that could be confused with editorial material will be clearly labelled as an advertisement at the advertiser’s expense, at the discretion of the editor-in-chief.

The Charlatan will not publish any advertisement which is libelous. The determination on libel will be made by the ombudsman of Charlatan Publications Inc.

Deadlines

Advertisements must be received by email at advertising.charlatan@gmail.com by Monday at 4 p.m. EST along with a minimum 50% deposit to be published online or in print the same week. Payment for signed contracts are due 30 days after an invoice is issued. 1.5% interest per month will be charged to overdue accounts.

Placement

It is the policy of the Charlatan not to place advertisements on the newspaper’s cover, editorial or feature pages.