Carleton students elected four female candidates to fill two undergraduate and two graduate seats on the Board of Governors (BoG).

Results for the student governor positions were published online on March 14.

While 926 undergraduate students abstained from the vote, Taylor Arnt received the most votes of the undergraduate candidates with 920 votes. She will be joined on the board by Yvonne Osagie, who received 822 votes.

Out of an eligible 25,734 undergraduate voters, 4,587 submitted a ballot in the election, representing a turnout of 17.8 per cent.

The election for the two graduate student governor positions was won by Elise Wohlbold with 314 votes, while Alaine Spiwak came in second with 291 votes.

Voter turnout for graduate students was 16.3 per cent, with 610 ballots being cast out of a possible 3,740 voters. A total of 113 voters chose to abstain.

This year’s election saw 16 students—three graduate and 13 undergraduate students—put their names forward for nomination to the BoG.

Out of 13 undergraduate candidates, seven were women while six were men. Meanwhile, out of three graduate candidates, there were two women and one man. In the 2017 BoG student governor elections, two men were elected to undergraduate seats while two women were elected to the graduate seats.

The names of all four student governor candidates will be presented for ratification to the BoG at a meeting on June 28.

Graphic by Mariam Abdel Akher