Brian Burke, the former general manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs, plans to sue second-year journalism student Zack Bradley over alleged defamatory comments the student made online, according to Burke’s legal counsel.

Burke is seeking damages for defamatory comments made online by 18 anonymous people, according to a notice of civil claim filed with the B.C. Supreme Court April 26 by Vancouver law firm Heenan Blaikie.

Bradley is listed as a defendant by his screen name, “Thezbrad.” Other defendants include “Slobberface,” “Poonerman,” and “Sir Psycho Sexy.”

The claim refers to comments made on multiple online message boards suggesting Burke had an extramarital affair and fathered a child with a Toronto television sportscaster, according to the notice of civil claim.

“Burke intends to serve all 18 people, including, but not limited to Zack Bradley,” David Edinger, a lawyer with Heenan Blaikie, said via email.

Under a unique court order made in May, Edinger said Burke was able to serve legal notice to seven individuals over the Internet. He said the remaining 11 must be served the traditional way—in person.

According to Edinger, Bradley is among the defendants that must be served in person and the firm has not been able to serve him.

“He’s deliberately evading service. The courts won’t let him avoid it forever,” he said. “We know who he is and we know where he is. This is a problem he’s going to have to face.”

Bradley could not be reached for comment.