Carleton women have one more way to have their voices heard after the launch of a new online magazine last week.

Her Campus Carleton University will feature articles on style, health, love, life, and careers — all with a unique, female student perspective, according to Jasmine Williams, a second-year journalism student and the magazine’s co-founder.

The Carleton chapter was co-founded by Williams and second-year commerce student Harsimar Singh.

“We’re both really excited,” Williams said. “It’s a great way to get content that’s uniquely tailored to the Carleton student population. Anybody can write an article about the top 10 fashion trends, but the fact that you make them relatable to the girls living here makes it a little more unique and interesting.”

This relatability is why Singh said Her Campus is like a support group for female students. It gives then the tips they need to settle in and feel welcome and informed.

The magazine also offers students a chance to explore magazines and online publishing, Williams said.

“I know there’s a lot of girls, myself included, who grew up reading magazines and that’s the sort of journalism we want to get into,” she said. “I just felt this would be a great opportunity for all those girls out there who want to try writing something a little different from what they have to do for class.”

Founded by Harvard undergraduates Stephanie Kaplan, Windsor Hanger, and Annie Wang in 2009, Her Campus now has chapters in more than 200 colleges and universities across North America, according to its website.

Their goal is to “fill the hole in the media marketplace for media that responds directly to the needs of college women,” the website stated.

“We’re thrilled to open up Her Campus Carleton University and to work with people as talented as [Williams] and [Singh],” Kaplan said in a press release. “As the new semester begins, having an academic institution like Carleton University contributing to Her Campus on a regular basis should be a tremendous resource for our growing audience.”

Her Campus Carleton University joins Canadian chapters McGill, Western Ontario, Toronto, and Victoria.

In addition to daily content, colleges and universities post personalized stories on their own websites, according to a Her Campus press release.

“I really try to tailor it to what people are interested in because I want it to be more of a fun learning experience than anything else,” Williams said, adding that Her Campus is as much a learning experience for her as it is for volunteers.

“The thing about Her Campus is I want it to be an organic process. I’m only in second year so I’m still learning too. If [students] have ideas I’m completely open to that.”

Williams said she hopes to eventually have weekly updates and she’s looking forward to seeing what kind of stories Carleton girls have to share.