(Provided)

Chromeo, a Montreal-based DJ set, will be the headlining act at this year’s frosh concert Sept. 2.

The electronic music duo consists of Dave 1 and P-Thugg. They are well-known for their single “Jealous (I ain’t with it),” which has more than 4.2 million views on YouTube.

“Each year we try to bring something different,” said Charles McIvor, a fall orientation co-ordinator. “I think it’s going to go over well with the participants and facilitators.”

McIvor said the Student Experience Office (SEO) worked closely with the Carleton University Students’ Association (CUSA) to help bring the DJ set to Frosh, specifically with vice-president (student life) Rawan Abujoub.

(Provided)
(Provided)

“Picking the Chromeo DJ set wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be,” said Abujoub. “We’re really excited to bring a DJ set that is super popular and relevant, especially when EDM music is so big right now.”

Abujoub said she, along with the orientation co-ordinators, and worked on bringing an act that would appeal to a large percentage of Carleton’s student population.

“I think Chromeo will do all of those things and more for the best Fall O concert ever,” she said.

Chromeo is the first DJ set of its kind to headline orientation, according to McIvor.

“We think this change in genre of music will really help the week grow as a whole,” he said.

Headliners from previous years include K’naan, Down With Webster, and Walk Off the Earth, who are all well-known Canadian artists.

“We definitely look to support our local talent,” said McIvor.

The fall orientation concert this year will be open to all students, according to Abujoub.

“Fall O is my favourite time of the year and it brings back so many amazing memories from when I first became a Raven,” Abujoub said.

“I’m hoping to give upper year students the chance to relive their Fall O week and remind them what being part of the Carleton community is all about.”