The Carleton women’s basketball team went undefeated this past weekend with convincing wins over the Laurier Golden Hawks and the Waterloo Warriors.

The Ravens played the Golden Hawks first, a game which saw fourth-year Lindsay Shotbolt have a career night. Heather Lindsay also had her usual dominant performance, and Carleton defeated Laurier by a final score of 69-46.

Carleton started the game on a 21-0 run and the Golden Hawks never recovered.

The Ravens were on fire to start the game while Laurier could not get anything going. The first quarter ended with a score of 25-4.

Laurier guards Courtney Bruce and Kaitlyn Schenck made sure the Hawks stayed in the game, and by the end of the third Carleton’s lead had shrunk to 50-34.

The Ravens scored nine straight points to start the final quarter, including a dagger three-pointer by Stephanie Carr, and the Ravens got their 11th win of the season. Shotbolt finished with 20 points and Lindsay with 16, both adding nine rebounds.

“We’ve been focusing on exploiting our strengths on the floor,” Lindsay said. “Everyone brings forward a different element to the game and we’ve been concentrating on utilizing our diversity.”

The Ravens celebrated Senior Night in style on Feb. 20, defeating the Waterloo Warriors by more than 50 points.

The three graduating players—Abeer Farhat, Lindsey Suprunchuk, and Natasha Plaskacz—all started in their last regular season home game. The Ravens dominated the Warriors early with great ball movement and a willingness to share the ball. Every player contributed in the complete dismantling of the Warriors, with all but one Raven scoring points in the game.

Waterloo couldn’t take care of the ball, with 27 turnovers in the game, their second highest mark of their season. The Ravens also kept the Warriors to a season low 23 per cent shooting from the field with a great overall defensive performance.

“I think we knew what we had to do to win and just absolutely did it,” Carr said. “Probably with a little extra motivation to give our three seniors a great last night at home.”

Heather Lindsay had her 10th double-double of the season with 17 points and 10 rebounds, in an impressive 19 minutes played.

Farhat had her best scoring output of the season, adding 13 points in the game, while Suprunchuk and Plaskacz added eight and seven, respectively.

“All three of them have had major contributions to the team over the last several years on and off the floor,” said Lindsay about the graduating trio. “They are great leaders, friends, and teammates.”

“I feel truly blessed to have been able to play with them all for three years,” Carr said.

The game ended with a final score of 84-32, and the Ravens home record this season was set at 9-1.

Looking forward, Lindsay said “it will be an important week to work out some kinks and stay sharp going on to playoffs.”

The Ravens will finish off the regular season in a road trip this weekend, with games against Laurentian and Nipissing.