The Carleton men’s basketball team finished off a successful weekend of wins against Laurier and Waterloo, going out with a bang in their last two home games of the regular season.

After a 97-60 win against Laurier on Friday, the team kept at it, reaching triple digits against the Waterloo Warriors on Saturday night with a final score of 105-40, making it the second time the team reached the century mark this season.

The first quarter saw an impressive lead, with the Raven’s defence giving the Warriors a hard time. The home team trumped the Warriors 27-5 after one, and pushed forward tacking on 31 more points by halftime.

The third and fourth quarters saw an even bigger gain from the Raven’s launching them into triple-digits by the end of the fourth with a lead of 65 points—which is the team’s largest lead since playing Queens last February.

Freshman Marcus Anderson stood out with his first double-double, earning the team 10 points in shots and 11 in rebounds.
Anderson said his performance wasn’t anything special and he was just doing his job.

“It was alright, you know—just defend the rebound and get your minutes in, that’s all I was trying to do,” Anderson said.

Kaza Kajami-Keane, a fourth-year guard for the team, earned himself player of the game, bringing in a total of 19 points for the Ravens. He said the team played well but needs to focus on getting even better coming into playoffs.

“I think we took a step towards getting better today, so that’s important everyday from here on until playoffs I think it’s about is getting better,” Kajami-Keane said. “Just got to continue doing that, and if we do that every day we’ll be where we need to be.”

Though Waterloo’s season record is 1-16, Kajami-Keane said that didn’t stray the Raven’s determination.

“With every team you need to come in with a focused mindset and continue to play basketball. At the end of the day anybody can beat anybody, so we’ve just got to continue to get better, continue to move in a progressing way like we did today, so that’s what counts,” he said.

The last home game was also dubbed seniors night and gave recognition to co-captains Gavin Resch and Guillaume Payen Boucard who will be finishing up their OUA careers after five years playing with the team.

The Raven’s hold a current season record of 14-3 and are travelling to Sudbury next to play the Laurentian Voyageurs on Feb. 26, and finishing the regular season with a final game against Nipissing University the following night.