Candidates for CUSA executive are barred from campaigning on Reddit this year. [Photo by Spencer Colby.]

The Charlatan is breaking down the candidates running to be part of Carleton University Students’ Association (CUSA)’s next executive team, so students can get a better idea of who they’re voting for and check up on how diverse the CUSA elections actually are.

Scroll through the infographics below to see a detailed analysis of the CUSA 2020 executive candidates based on gender, faculty, CUSA and Greek sorority/fraternity affiliations, and many other aspects of the candidates.

This year’s CUSA election has seen a decline in female candidates, with only four running out of 13, compared to last year’s six out of 12. [Infographic by Safiyah Marhnouj]
Three candidates are international students, making up about 23 per cent of the candidacy. [Infographic by Jillian Piper]
Almost half of the executive candidates, six out of 13, are from the faculty of public affairs. [Infographic by Jillian Piper]
Although Carleton’s Indigenous community has been brought up frequently during campaigning, there are no Indigenous candidates running to be a CUSA executive. [Infographic by Jillian Piper]
Out of 13 executive candidates, almost half are members of fraternities and sororities. [Infographic by Jillian Piper]
There is a strong correlation between being a member of a Greek sorority or fraternity and running as a slate in the 2020 CUSA election. [Infographic by Jillian Piper]
There are four candidates running independently who have no prior CUSA affiliation and are not members of a Greek fraternity or sorority—making up almost a third of the candidates. [Infographic by Jillian Piper]
There is only one second-year student running in the CUSA 2020 election. [Infographic by Jillian Piper]