Davis’ councillor profile was provided in an emailed statement.

My name is Cameron Floyd Davis, I am a second-year software engineering student trying to get re-elected for the position of faculty of engineering and design (FED) councillor. 

I am extremely passionate about student involvement and want to do my best to represent the Faculty of Engineering and Design. I’m the vice-president (academic) with CSES (the Carleton Engineering Society), vice-president (fundraising) with Carleton Systems and Computer Engineering Society (SCESoc) and Outreach Commissioner for Engineering Student Societies’ Council of Ontario (ESSCO). You also might recognize me from some of the Foot Patrol posters around campus! 

My big plans if I get elected as FED councillor is to make sure that I can inform the engineering and design students as best as I can about all things happening within CUSA. I want to make sure that students also have their voices heard. 

Last year I was the only person who ran for a councillor position in FED. I think that this represents a huge gap between CUSA and FED. Over the course of the year, I’ve helped us to fill the rest of our spots on council. 

My main goal for this year is to continue working on bridging the gap between CUSA and FED students. This includes doing my best to bring engineering clubs into the fold and giving them an opportunity to be properly heard. This also includes bringing more opportunities within CUSA to students in FED and making sure that students remain well informed. 

Given my work as vice-president (academic), helping to deal with various student issues throughout the year, and communicating to students in FED on what was happening in my portfolio, I consider myself very capable in this capacity. Vote Cameron Floyd Davis for Faculty of Engineering and Design councillor!

Featured image from file.