Home News UNOFFICIAL RESULTS: GSA referendum and executives for 2014-15

UNOFFICIAL RESULTS: GSA referendum and executives for 2014-15

33

The Graduate Students’ Association (GSA) has announced the unofficial results of their 2013-14 referendum and executive election.

The results are unofficial until the end of the appeals period and until they are ratified by GSA council.

Bold denotes candidates who won. Votes are in brackets.

President:
Christina Muehlberger (279)
Kofi Yamoah (77)
Spoiled (34)

Vice-president (external):
Kerry Burke (236)
Kari Charles (90)
Spoiled (63)

Senate (two winners):
Colin Cordner (205)
Janice Freamo (202)
Arthur David (122)
Spoiled (73)

Vice-president (finance) candidate Rabbi Hossain, vice-president (operations) candidate Justine Mallah, and vice-president (academic) candidate Michael Bueckert ran unopposed.

The unofficial results of the referendum are as follows.

Unicentre fee:
Do you support the Graduate Students’ Association directly administering the University Centre Fee collected from graduate students for student services, groups and programming, rather than transferring this fee as a lump sum to CUSA, the undergraduate students’ association?  Yes/No

Yes (339)
No (39)
Spoiled (13)

Health plan levy:
Do you support increasing the annual levy for the graduate student health, dental and accident plan by up to $120 to maintain current coverage effective September 1, 2014?  Yes/No

Yes (252)
No (125)
Spoiled (13)

Results for the referendum questions on the Information Technology (IT) fee and the Carleton Health Services fee will be announced April 4 by GSA council motion, according to the association’s website.

IT fee:
Are you in favour of a $22.50 fee per term, (prorated for part-time students) to enhance the student experience with the goals of:
-Increasing wireless performance and extending coverage to the entire campus
-Allowing access to software presently available in public student labs anytime, anywhere from my own computer
Yes / No

Health Services fee:
Do you support the increase of the Carleton University Health Service Fee by $5/term indexed to inflation to allow for Health and Counselling Services to add an additional two permanent counselling positions to better support the growing demand? Yes/No