A Better Carleton swept this year’s Carleton University Students’ Association (CUSA) elections, multiple sources confirmed.

Chief electoral officer (CEO) Sean Finn wouldn’t confirm the results since they’ve not been published online, but he did say over 4,300 students cast a ballot, which is about 500 more than last year.

The 2012-2013 CUSA executive will be composed of Alexander Golovko as president, Michael De Luca as vice-president (finance), Haley Dobson as vice-president (student issues), Maher Jebara as vice-president (internal), Tomisin Olawale as vice-president (student life), and Fatima Hassan as vice-president (student services).

The executives were seen celebrating in and around the Rideau River Residence Association office throughout the evening, while several councillor candidates waited around Residence Commons in anticipation of the results.

Despite the loss, Fresh Carleton’s presidential candidate Sarah Cooper said her team ran “an honest, strong campaign.”

“We didn’t break any rules and wish it would have worked out a different way, but we’re going to make sure that people can still be proud of their student association,” she said.

“We’re going to keep working, and good luck to the people who won.”

As for Cooper’s advice for incoming president Golovko: “Make sure that you work hard every single day and you do it for the students,” she said.

Counting began at 9 a.m. Feb. 17 and finished at approximately 2 a.m. Feb. 18 in Prescott House.

Officials results are expected to be released in the afternoon Feb. 18, at which point Golovko said he’d comment.

Meanwhile, seven councillor candidates were disqualified Feb. 17 for failing to present a final report of campaign expenditures to the CEO. These councillors include Alena Peters, Elvin Rugerinyange, Eric Hallam, Iman Mohamed, Jean-Luc Ngabo, Salar Abdul-Baki, and Salvador Sacasa.

— with files from Jane Gerster