On Tuesday, March 15, the Rideau River Residents Association (RRRA) held its all-candidates meeting to kick off campaigning in the 2016 RRRA executive elections.

There are five slates competing for this year’s election for the positions of president, vice-president (administration), and vice-president (programming).

The candidates are: Nicole Meehan, Nathan Dresser, and David Zilio from Can’t Stump the RRRA; Emmett Bisbee, Jake Yeates, and Monica Vella from Integrity First; Daniel Pollak, Hyder Naqvi, and Zophia Brobio from The Best Team; Zayge Klein, Andrew Rolston and Ryan Clancy from The Home Team; as well as Celestina Bogle, Matthew Dodds, and Mitchell Goldie from Unified.

Chief electoral officer (CEO) Julia Parsons led the meeting to give a run down on the dos and don’ts for online and in-person campaigning.

Parson began with the establishing the election’s campaigning hours.

“You can only actively campaign in-person 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. You can, however, campaign online past these hours,” Parsons said.

She added because students live on residence, campaigning can occur on the weekend.

Unlike the past years, campaigning will not include tabling in the tunnel-level mailroom. Parsons said the lack of tabling is because Housing and Residence Life services can’t supply RRRA with any tables, and because RRRA’s tables were stolen when people didn’t return them after events.

Parsons also said off-campus volunteers are not allowed to actively campaigning online or offline for any of the slates.

Unlike the Carleton University Students’ Association (CUSA) elections, the candidates are allowed to use YouTube videos to promote their slates.

Each slate will have a budget of $500 for campaigning, and all materials (including photography) must be subjected to fair market value and payment for services.

Candidates officially began campaigning at midnight on March 16 and will continue until March 22.

The RRRA executive debate will take place on Monday, March 18, 7 p.m. at the 2nd floor conference room in Residence Commons.