(File photo by Kyle Fazackerley)

If you’re craving a bagelwich after a long summer break, you may have to wait just a little longer to be reunited with the popular breakfast sandwich at Rooster’s.

The coffeehouse was expected to be closed from May 23 to Aug. 11 but will remain under construction until Sept. 4, according to Darryl Boyce, Carleton’s vice-president (facilities management and planning).

Asbestos was the cause for much of the delay, Boyce said, however some of the services were not where they were anticipated to be, requiring some redesign after demolition.

Workers uncovered asbestos while completing construction in June. It was successfully removed, Boyce said. No one other than the construction workers were in the area during demolition.

“So, altogether it caused a total of about a three week delay,” Boyce said.

The renovations are currently $65,000 over budget, according to Boyce. He said the increased costs are due to the asbestos, the services being redesigned, and some changes requested by Rooster’s operators.

Carleton University Students’ Association (CUSA) president Folarin Odunayo said the renovation is progressing well and the budget is still within the intended range.

Originally estimated to be a $200,000 renovation, the budget was increased to $300,000 to accommodate CUSA’s plans for the space.