The Ravens soccer teams got a chance to look at their early season prospects after playing in their annual indoor tournament against other local university and semi-professional teams at the Fieldhouse March 28-30.

The tournament featured both the Ravens men’s and women’s teams.

“Basically it’s just a tournament that we do every year to raise funds for both the men’s and women’s program,” Ravens alumnus and former midfielder Joey Kewin said.

Kewin helped organize the tournament following his fifth year playing for the men’s team, where he was a perennial Ontario University Athletics (OUA) East all-star and an All-Canadian.

He said the tournament includes local semi-professional teams as well as teams from other schools.

“We do get a high amount of interest from colleges and universities, but there are some local teams that enter as well,” he said.

In four games, the Ravens men’s team won two and dropped two, while the women’s team won its tournament.

Men’s soccer head coach Sandy Mackie said he thought his team fared well.

“We did okay,” he said. “The two games we lost we actually played quite well in, but we’ve got quite a few injuries from the outdoor season, so it was an opportunity to look at some prospects.”

Mackie said because it is only spring, it is too early to make an accurate assessment of the future of his team and their goals for next season.

But he said the tournament was a good opportunity to get a first glance at some of the competition.