Work is finally starting to wrap up on the much-delayed Lennox and Addington residence at the north end of campus, but construction is still prevalent on campus.

At Lennox and Addington, floors two through 10 are done and work on the first floor is set to wrap up near the end of the month, according to Darryl Boyce, assistant vice-president (facilities management and planning).

Landscaping and other outdoor work will be finished during the spring.

The news should bring relief to the building’s inhabitants, who have lived through dust, noise and the general chaos of construction for more than four months.

Steps away, Residence Commons is also getting a face-lift. The third floor of the extension will provide more seating space in the residence cafeteria, Boyce said. The other two floors will be housing other service and waste management departments.

Another long-standing project is also nearing completion. Despite being plagued with delays, the River Building is almost done. Boyce said that “90 per cent of the building has been turned over to the university.”

Departments have been steadily moving into the building since Dec. 23, he said, with final completion slated for the end of March.

But as these projects come to an end, another round is set to start up. MacOdrum Library will be getting some remodelling towards the end of January, according to the library web page. A more detailed schedule is expected to be released shortly.

graphic by Don Dimanlig