The holidays are over, and stress is on the horizon. Soon enough, our lives will be overrun by lack of sleep, cheap food, and too much alcohol. Enter acne. Pimples can pop up faster than popcorn, and sadly, the student life doesn’t help to get rid of it.

Luckily, there are so many products that can combat the issue. But most good-quality skin care products are way too expensive for students, and the cheap ones have such high levels of chemicals they are actually worse for your skin.

For a very affordable price, you can make your own natural toner that can help you fight off acne. Toners remove remaining oil, dirt, and debris your face wash didn’t remove, restore skin to its natural pH balance, and hydrate skin to make it look radiant.

What you’ll need:

• 6-8 droplets of tea tree oil
  • 1 and a half tablespoons of jojoba oil
  • Juice from one third of a lemon
  • 3 tablespoons of water

You can find the tea tree oil and the jojoba oil at any health food or essential oil store—such as Saje—for about $6-$10 each. The tea tree oil is an amazing antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory which helps heal the skin. Jojoba oil regulates sebum production in the skin that causes oiliness and it relieves the skin of inflammation and itchiness. The lemon sinks deep into your pores to clear them out.

To mix the toner, put all the ingredients together into a small spray bottle, such as one that can be found at Dollarama for $1.25. It doesn’t matter what order you mix it in, and the amount of each ingredient is variable. To finish the mix, screw the top on the bottle and shake it for a few seconds.

To use the toner, spray it on your face after using your standard facewash. Avoid spraying directly into the eyes, and follow with moisturizer. Good luck, and stay zen.