The first electoral complaint of the CUSA 2020 election was filed before candidates even had the chance to be validated.

On Jan. 17, the last day of the election’s nomination period, the 2020 elections office received an electoral complaint against Morgan McKeen about extra copies of nomination sheets, according to the violation report posted by the chief electoral officer, Claudia Calagoure-Perna.

According to section 12.8 of CUSA’s electoral code, “Nominations for President, Vice President Finance, Vice President Internal, Vice President Student Life, Vice President Student Services, and Vice President Student Issues shall contain one hundred (100) signatures of Members of the Association.”

Having multiple copies of nomination sheets could give students the advantage to collect multiple signatures at the same time.

Despite the allegation, the elections office issued no violation took place, citing photos provided as proof contradicted the allegation. 

“I, Claudia, also walked by the individual after the violation was made and confirmed that this [violation] was not the case,” reads the violation report.

According to McKeen’s social media, she is currently seeking nominations for the newly created CUSA vice-president (community engagement) position, formerly known as vice-president (student services). 

Featured image from file.