After the Ontario provincial government announced that it will be slashing the free tuition program—a policy implemented by the previous government which granted low-income students higher OSAP grants—post-secondary students across Ontario have taken to the streets in protest of this cut to education funding.

Due to this change, many post-secondary students in Ontario will have to figure out how they will find the money to finish the programs they may have started before their funding was slashed.

However, students are not the only ones who would be impacted by this policy change.

In addition to the OSAP cut announcement, the Ontario government announced that it will be implementing a 10 per cent decrease in tuition across all post-secondary schools.

It is unclear how schools will practice this mandate—but, more than likely, it will result in instructors being affected as well.

As universities will have to find ways to accommodate this 10 per cent decrease, this policy could result in layoffs, pay reduction, larger class sizes and other issues that faculty will have to deal with directly.

If faculty voiced their concerns on the cuts to tuition, they would create a bigger impact in showing the government how the various facets of university will be affected by this significant change.