The Carleton Raven's football team faceoff against Queen's Gaels on Saturday, Sept. 18, 2021 at the Ravens Perch in Ottawa, Ont [Photo by Spencer Colby/The Charlatan]

Carleton University announced in a press release yesterday that it has signed a multi-year naming rights deal with accounting firm The Andrew Abraham Group (TAAG) which will see Ravens Perch renamed TAAG Park. 

The university’s associate vice-president Jennifer Brenning said in a press release this partnership will invest in Carleton’s athletics.

“TAAG’s support will help us ensure stability for our varsity programs and a great experience for all of our student-athletes, fans and alumni,” Brenning said.

While it’s unclear how much money the University will receive from the naming rights deal and what plans TAAG has for its new stadium, CEO Andrew Abraham said he believes the new park will live up to expectations.

“TAAG Park will certainly bring many memorable life experiences to the Carleton campus and the community at large,” Abraham said.

Ravens Field hosted several unforgettable moments including the U Sports men’s soccer championship last year and rugby star Roberta Drummond’s remarkable career.

The field is also the home to Ottawa-based ultimate frisbee team, the Ottawa Outlaws.

While the field will not undergo immediate physical changes, the new name will now be the home of Raven’s soccer, football, rugby and other recreational activities. 

An earlier version of this article referred to Ravens Perch as “Ravens Field.” The Charlatan regrets the error.

Featured image by Spencer Colby.