Sections

ICYM Your 2021 Horoscope

In the news today...

Continue to the category

Carleton students disappointed as O-Train closure hits 4 years

At the beginning of May 2020, the City of Ottawa announced...

Will Carleton see a pro-Palestine encampment?

Pro-Palestine protesters at the University of Ottawa have reached their tenth...

Student activists call for divestment, ask for Carleton’s stance on peaceful protest

Student activists called on Carleton University to divest from companies with...

Shroom boom: Can popular functional mushrooms treat ADHD and other mental health disorders?

Each morning, Kelsey Carnes takes her breakfast with a side of fungi. That’s right — fungi. Carnes is one of a growing number of fungi fans incorporating mushroom capsules, complexes and coffees into their daily routine, with the mushroom coffee...

Ontario government to release response to post-secondary deficits, visa caps

The Ontario government will soon release its response to the blue-ribbon...

University of Manitoba braces for return of ‘Freedom Convoy’

The University of Manitoba Students’ Union (UMSU) has voiced concern about...

Children’s book by Canadian professors offers coping methods for math anxiety

Professors at the universities of Ottawa and Winnipeg are promoting awareness...

‘Climate Rebels: Artist on the Frontlines of Change’ challenges the status quo of climate crisis discussions

Ecological experts and artists from around the globe presented innovative science-integrated...

Review: Ryuichi Sakamoto’s ‘Opus’ is a fitting swan song for the boundary-pushing composer

Near the end of March 2023, legendary Japanese composer and pianist...

Review: ‘Evil Does Not Exist’ treats its titular proposition with unsettling ambiguity

At the outset of Japanese auteur Ryûsuke Hamaguchi’s new film, we...

Review: Japanese indie film ‘Perfect Days’ is everything that is human

A Japanese international film, a German director and a 1960s American...

Opinion: PWHL’s playoff and draft format gets everything right that the NHL hasn’t

With the Professional Women’s Hockey League’s (PWHL) postseason fast approaching, the league’s exciting playoff format and draft process have proved it is committed to providing the very best on-ice product in a way the NHL hasn’t. The women’s hockey league will implement an innovative playoff...

Sports

Special Edition Stories

Third-grade class represents Carleton at men’s soccer nationals

Disclaimer: This article is published under the Charlatan’s satire section, the Partisan. All quotes and names have been fabricated. Success in sports requires resilience. But...

BREAKING: Carleton President Benoit-Antoine Bacon steps down, Jerry Tomberlin serving interim

Earlier today, Carleton students received an email from the university announcing the departure of Carleton president Benoit-Antoine Bacon.  “After five years at Carleton, President and...

Bird poo falls on construction co-ordinator, delays Trillium Line until 3005

Disclaimer: This article is published under the Charlatan’s satire section, the Partisan. All quotes and names have been fabricated. You could say sh*t genuinely hit...

Jim Watson running for mayor as Carleton loses Panda

Disclaimer: This article is published under the Charlatan’s satire section, the Partisan. All quotes and names have been fabricated. Ottawa mayor Jim Watson said he...

O-Train driver destroys new Rideau River bridge after trying to make LRT line shortcut

Disclaimer: This article is published under the Charlatan’s satire section, the Partisan. All quotes and names have been fabricated. An LRT driver brought the new...

Role reversal: Senior’s life-saving smart home device falls and can’t get up

Disclaimer: This article is published under the Charlatan’s satire section, the Partisan. All quotes and names have been fabricated. In a tragic twist of fate,...

Carleton students protest against the university’s learning lab project

Disclaimer: This article is published under the Charlatan’s satire section, the Partisan. All quotes and names have been fabricated. Carleton University students held a campus...

Environmental science students instantly cured of depression after groundhogs replace campus therapy dogs

Disclaimer: This article is published under the Charlatan’s satire section, the Partisan. All quotes and names have been fabricated. Climate change-induced depression reported in environmental...

Top 10 reasons not to read the Iron Times

The Iron Times is stupid. Don’t read it. Here’s why: Purple is their favourite colour. Engonears can’t spell. It’s a cult. ...

AI doctors by WebMD causing harm to Ottawa citizens

Disclaimer: This article is published under the Charlatan’s satire section, the Partisan. All quotes and names have been fabricated. Carleton student Mike Idney filed a...