This month, Montreal duo Majical Cloudz released their sophomore album Are You Alone?. This is the band’s first album since 2013, and it was more than worth the wait.

This album is nothing short of enchanting, and is an addicting listen. The pair has created something that could be the soundtrack to an indie movie.

With reoccurring themes of love, sadness, confusion, exhaustion, and death, this album creates a lyrical narrative that is relatable to any audience. Tracks like “Silver Car Crash” and “Heavy” depict the struggles of love and how its trials and tribulations—however inevitable—are not impossible to overcome. Each track tells a specific story on its own, both through lyrics and sound, yet they all feel connected.

Are You Alone? is packed with amazing sounds and dynamic lyrics. Much like their first album, Majical Cloudz creates an alluring synth sound that lingers throughout the entire album. The fluidity of this sound is an impressive element of what the group does. If you stripped this album of its lyrics and stitched every track together, it would make an enthralling hour-long instrumental, but let’s not throw the lyrics out just yet.

Each song on this album is an ode to emotion and this shines through strongly because of their lyrics. The band’s ability to write is something so transparent that it is amazing, to say the least. The title track “Are You Alone?” shows this right from the start, telling a story of how life isn’t always easy and that feeling and thinking and pushing right on through is the only way to get by. Each and every other song on this album does the same thing. The album pushes on, and it gets better and better as you make your way through.

If you were ever doubtful that the Canadian music scene might not be producing good music, this is where you change your mind. This is not an album to be missed. If you are looking for something amazing, addicting, and downright “majical,” this album is the place to find it. Majical Cloudz has blown it right out of the frigid St. Lawrence waters with this one—let them blow you away too. You wont regret it.