The Mount Saint Vincent University (MSVU) is set to provide free pads and tampons on campus for students who need them during the upcoming school year.

The Mount Saint Vincent University Students’ Union (MSVUSU) made the announcement on their social media platforms while crediting student lobbying efforts.

Several campuses have free menstrual products available by donation, but MSVU will be the first school in Nova Scotia to offer these products with direct funding from the university, according to the MSVUSU Facebook page.

Students will be able to access these products in all major buildings on Mount Saint Vincent’s campus, according to an article by Global News. Signage around campus will make it clear to students where they can find the supplies they need.

Nikki Jamieson, president of the MSVU student union said menstruation is a bodily function just like any other. “We don’t see it any different from paper towel or toilet paper,” she said in an interview with Global News.

The university will replenish the products when necessary.

Back in Ottawa, Carleton University is working to create a more period-friendly campus. Last year, free pads and tampons were available in some bathrooms on campus. Menstrual products are also available to pick up at the CUSA Womyn’s Centre for free.