Ahead of their season debut last weekend, the Carleton Ravens women’s hockey team named their captain and alternates for the upcoming season.

Forward Tawnya Guindon will be serving as captain in her fourth season with the team.

“When I was announced captain, I had many emotions going through my head,” Guindon said. “After three years of competing on this team and giving my best each and every day, it was an honour to be recognized for my efforts and have the respect and trust of my teammates to be their leader in the 2015-16 season . . . It has always been a dream of mine to be the captain of a university team and I could not be happier to have that privilege,” she said.

Guindon will be tasked to lead a young group of Ravens this season. Over half of the team are freshman players.

Coach Pierre Alain spoke highly of the newly named captain.

“Tawnya is a player that others can look up to—her work ethic on- and off-ice is impeccable,” Alain said in a press release. “The whole group are all players that put in exemplary efforts every day.”

The alternate captains for the Ravens this season will be Robyn Belland, Audrey-Ann Boutour, and Sidney Weiss.

After starting the season with two losses, the Ravens will look to earn their first win of the season at Concordia on Oct. 25.