Graphic by Christophe Young

To be an informed Carleton student, it’s important to know your way around campus. Knowing the best place to grab food or a quick caffeine fix is vital information for a university student, but knowing where the best bathrooms are located is insider knowledge.

To save you from exploring the multitude of bathrooms across campus, The Charlatan did some investigative reporting to bring you the five best bathrooms on campus.

#5 – Best view (4th floor Tory Building)

It’s well known to many upper-year Carleton students and grads that the bathrooms on the fourth floor of Tory Building are exceptional.

“I feel as though my worries are washed away along with my bowels” said Aaron, a fourth-year interactive multimedia and design student who wishes to remain anonymous.

Here you will find a clean bathroom-going experience with a view akin to mid level Dunton Tower. The stalls are plentiful and history is written on the walls for some very entertaining bathroom reading material.

#4 – Most accessible (6th floor University Centre)

It’s 2016, which is to say that inclusivity is very important.

The Graduate Students’ Association (GSA) office on the sixth floor of the University Centre has a bathroom for every need. This bathroom is gender-inclusive and has a baby changing table, if you have a youngling kicking around.

The GSA also offers free condoms and hygiene products, so if you’re in need of a safe space to do your business or just want a more comfortable public washroom experience, this GSA bathroom has you covered.

#3 – Best lighting (Basement of St. Patrick’s Building)

The basement of St. Patrick’s Building is a magical place, where the warm glow of fluorescent lights matches the modern bathroom interior. It’s near impossible to avoid snapping a selfie in such illumination.

Hannah Ruby, a fourth-year law student, agreed, saying “St. Patrick’s bathrooms have prime selfie lighting.”

If you’re feeling extra on-fleek and need a new Instagram post, St. Patrick’s has your back.

#2 – Best reading material (Tunnel level of Azrieli Theatre)

Sometimes, when you’re hunkering down for the long haul, some good bathroom reading material is the only thing that will keep you sane. In this case, the Azrieli Theatre washrooms will keep you entertained and possibly even enlightened.

“Azrieli Theatre’s female washroom on the tunnel level floor has the raddest quotes,” said Tess Della Ventura, a fourth-year psychology student.

“[There are] motivational quotes, advice, and sometimes full-out conversations about philosophical and sociological views,” she said.

#1 – The executive experience (6th floor Robertson Hall)  

For the number one slot, the bathroom experience needs to be exceptional and the washroom on the sixth floor of Robertson Hall certainly fits.

Do you ever want to visit the ol’ water closet and feel like a CEO? Well give Robertson Hall a visit.

“It’s all administration offices up there, other than Carleton University Students’ Association [CUSA] meetings,” said Brett Parnell, a political science graduate. “The washrooms are cleaner than anywhere else.”

With an exceptionally clean facility and an interior almost untouched by the regular student body, sixth floor Robertson certainly is an executive experience.

Remember, with great bathroom power comes great bathroom responsibility. Happy pooping!