In a blog post, the UBC science student (right) admitted she was featured in a video posted on YouTube showing people breaking into a store and stealing clothing.

A University of British Columbia (UBC) student was charged Jan. 9 for breaking and entering during the 2011 Vancouver riots, Vancouver police said in a press release.

Camille Cacnio, 21, was formally charged with breaking and entering and participating in a riot, according to police.

In a blog post, the UBC science student admitted she was featured in a video posted on YouTube showing people breaking into a store and stealing clothing.

“I am not proud of my actions and have made a visit to the Vancouver Police Department over the weekend to turn myself in,” she said in the post.

“I’ve made mistakes and I have learned from them,” Cacnio wrote. “I take full responsibility for my actions and I understand that it is nobody else’s fault but mine. I am truly sorry for my actions and am ready to accept the consequences, including the public backlash.”

She also made apologies to the City of Vancouver, the Vancouver Canucks, the store she stole the jeans from, and many others including family and friends.

Cacnio is the second person charged in the new year with involvement in the riots along with Dustin Anderson, 21, of Burnaby, B.C., according to police.

To date, 77 charges have been laid against 30 rioters, according to police.