Kyle Forgeard dropped in on four random U of T classes to sing love songs to students. (Provided)

Several unsuspecting University of Toronto (U of T) girls were subjected to mid-lecture serenades at the hands of a Ryerson University student.

The prankster, Kyle Forgeard, dressed in shirt and tie and armed with a white carnation, dropped in on four random U of T classes to sing love songs to five students, with a cameraman in tow.

Without any notice, Forgeard would break into song, cutting off the lecture and focusing on whatever girl was sitting in the front row, or teaching the class.

Song choices for the prank ranged from John Mayer’s “Your Body Is a Wonderland” to Justin Bieber’s “U Smile.”

“We used to sing to girls out of car windows for fun,” Forgeard said via email. “Then we decided to make a video actually singing to girls on the street while handing out flowers. Then we thought, wow, imagine doing that in a university lecture . . . that would be really funny. So we just did it.”

After pulling the prank, Forgeard posted a video chronicling his classroom serenades to Newsflare, an online video news browser. Since uploading the video he has garnered much attention, with his prank having led to a live interview with Toronto TV station CP24 on Oct. 6.

“People are really enjoying it, even saying that it’s made their day,” he said.

Even girls at Carleton University might soon have to worry about being Forgeard’s next targets, he said.

Forgeard said he is in the process of filming part two of the prank, which he said would include stops at all major universities in Ontario.

“Be on the lookout Carleton!” he said. “And girls, start sitting in the front row of all your lectures!”