Two teens were stabbed during a phone robbery at a house party close to McMaster University campus in the early morning hours of Sept. 23,  according to Hamilton police.

Two 19-year-old males suffered from non-life threatening injuries, and were taken to the hospital where they were later released, police reported.

One victim told police that he and the other victim were leaving the party when a group of males approached them and demanded the phone belonging to one of the victims.

The second victim tried to intervene in the robbery and he too was assaulted.

The police cannot confirm  whether the victims were students, although there were McMaster students at the party.

“The house was literally packed,” said Jahnekque Blake, a McMaster student who attended the party.

“I was in the basement with a lot of people and the party was ending. It was around 2 a.m. They were saying, ‘everybody’s got to get out, it’s time to leave. It’s time to leave,’” she said.

Blake said as people were leaving, she heard that someone was injured.

“Everyone’s trying to get out, and then the next thing you know, everyone’s saying ‘Oh my gosh, someone got hurt,’” Blake said.

“Everyone [was] freaking out, nobody really [knew] the extent of the issue. Someone just said someone was on the floor.”

Blake said that rumours are circulating around campus over what happened.

“The fact that someone had to be violent and take it to those measures, that’s when it got really chaotic. People got really confused. People started saying it was a shooting when it wasn’t a shooting at all.”

Blake said she has heard the stabbing weapon was a broken bottle, although this has not been confirmed with police.

No arrests have been made and the investigation is ongoing, according to Hamilton Police Services.