Hello Carleton,

It is my pleasure to meet you and tell you a little about myself. First of all, my name is Taryn Ashdown. I grew up in British Columbia before following my heart to Ottawa to attend Carleton University. When I arrived here, I didn’t know one person!

In the past three years, I joined many groups on campus, which I have enjoyed very much. Through my involvement, I have gained friends and memories that will last a lifetime. Clubs and societies have been a gateway for my experience at Carleton to be much more than just my academics. As a human rights major, clubs and societies have also been a way for me to connect with what I learn in the classroom. The benefits of joining are endless. As the current CUSA clubs and societies commissioner, I have had the opportunity to help others find what they are looking for at Carleton, which has been an incredibly rewarding experience.

As VP (internal), I will continue to work tirelessly to help support student initiatives on campus. CUSA is a great avenue for students to get involved. My work with clubs and societies and two terms on CUSA council as a representative for the faculty of arts and social sciences have required me to work very closely with the current VP (internal). I know exactly what this position entails. I am ready for the job.

I can’t wait to meet more students and make the changes you want to see!