Hello fellow Ravens!

My name is Rasha Choudhury and I am running to be your next vice-president (student issues). I am currently a third-year child studies major with a minor in sociology.

For those of you who I have not yet had the pleasure to meet, you should know I am an individual who is fiercely passionate about human rights, social justice, and environmental sustainability. I am also an individual who strongly values sincerity, compassion, and the willingness in myself and others to grow and learn from those around me, experiences, and circumstances.

Throughout my life, social and environmental justice and engagement have played a key role in shaping my personal values and world views. I have worked hard to dedicate my efforts to causes which intrigue me.

My journey at Carleton began in 2013. My time here thus far has been extremely rewarding. In many ways, my university experience has opened up my world, and my mind. I have gotten involved through organizations, such as Oxfam Carleton, WUSC Carleton, and the CCSS. Working with these organizations on campus has enriched my experience by providing me the opportunity to fight for social and environmental justice on three different fronts. These experiences have also taught me to think critically on a variety of differing issues. Through these experiences, I have been able to apply my gained knowledge to all aspects of my life.

I wish to take my knowledge, experience, and personal values to a different level by fulfilling the position of vice-president (student issues) and create a more inclusive, diverse, and well-rounded Carleton community.