The most work will be done to the first two floors of Stormont Residence. (Photo by Nicholas Galipeau)

Stormont-Dundas residence is scheduled for renovations that could cost up to $2.5-million between May to August 2014.

The most extensive work will be done to the first and second floors of Stormont Residence, according to Carleton’s assistant director of facilities engineering and construction Mike Graham.

Renovations include replacing all doors and suite fan coil units, adding card-accessible wireless locks on suite doors, extensive painting, and an update to the electronic thermostat system.

Renovations being planned for the entire Stormont-Dundas residence include upgrading the fire alarm system, replacing the heat exchangers, refinishing the stairwells, and modernizing an elevator, Graham said.

“The residence could use improvements,” Stormont resident Claire Reynolds said. “My bathroom’s kind of gross.”

Dundas resident Veronica Zuccala said she doesn’t care much about the paint job but she wants the heating to be fixed.

“This upgrade is a continuation of the ongoing program in Housing to refurbish and modernize the older residence facilities,” Graham said.

According to Carleton’s Housing website, residence renovations as of August 2013 have included replacing beds in Glengarry House and Renfrew House, wireless Internet and new card locks in Renfrew House, a new residence desk, and re-built public washrooms.