Usually when Chris Harrison, the host of The Bachelor, describes a season as “the most dramatic season/season finale in Bachelor history,” everyone collectively rolls their eyes. However, the most recent season finale of the dating reality show was perhaps the most dramatic one I’ve ever witnessed. 

Two weeks ago, the two-night season finale of The Bachelor aired. Bachelor Peter Weber, known as “Pilot Pete,” was torn between two very different women: Hannah Ann Sluss and Madi Prewitt. 

To me, Hannah Ann had the personality of a doorknob throughout this season. At the ripe old age of 23, she is a model (typical) from Knoxville, Tennessee who is ready for marriage. Yeah … sure she is. I didn’t quite like her or dislike her throughout the season, she was just whatever to me. Nothing special, but a nice and pretty girl. 

On the other hand there was Madi. Now, I’ll admit it, I was always a fan of Madi for some reason. She is also 23 (why the fuck do these producers cast girls who are two or three years older than me?) and is from Auburn, Alabama where her father is an assistant coach to the university’s basketball team. Madi also didn’t have a lot of personality to shine through, except for her deep Christian values. 

The real winners here are all the women who got the fuck away from Peter and his family. 

Shit has been hitting the fan this entire season. Unnecessary drama, fights, accusations of drug use, champagne stealing … the list goes on and on. However, the pinnacle of it has to be Peter’s darling mother Barbara. 

During the finale week, the women are introduced to Peter’s family. For the entire season, the producers have been teasing a clip of Barbara crying and telling Peter to “bring her home to us.” Most people thought this was about Madi … oh, were we all very wrong. 

Barbara is perhaps the most manipulative, toxic woman I have ever had the pleasure of never meeting in my entire fucking life. This woman is something else. Peter was dragged constantly for keeping the toxic trainwrecks of women around. It’s not a surprise anymore seeing the way his mother is. Guess Freud was right after all. 

Barbara immediately fell in love with Hannah Ann. Calling her an angel, saying she was sent by God to be in their lives … theirs, not Peter’s. She was head over heels for this girl. On the other hand, she legitimately hated Madi for some reason. She saw her as not a good fit for her son, saying Madi would try to change him and that he wouldn’t be able to sleep around and party as much if he was with her. 

Madi ended up leaving of her own accord, and Peter proposed to Hannah Ann. However, he chose not to disclose the fact that Madi had already left until he was mid-proposal to Hannah Ann … every girl’s dream. 

On “After the Final Rose,” a post-finale special episode, it was revealed that Hannah Ann broke off her engagement with Peter because she felt like he wasn’t truly there for her and he still had feelings for Madi. Hannah Ann honestly killed it and she is no longer a doorknob in my eyes. She stood up for herself and her worth, and it was so refreshing to see a woman put someone like Peter in his place. His own mother was even applauding and cheering Hannah Ann on.

Madi and Peter got back together on this episode, much to the disapproval of his mother. Barbara was rolling her eyes and making unimpressed faces while Madi was talking about having to force herself to eat and sleep in the weeks following her departure from Peter. 

She said “Peter has to fail in order to succeed” on live, national television. She dragged her own son and embarrassed him. She also whispered to Peter’s father in Spanish to say something bad about Madi.

Fucking chaos. 

Peter and Madi ended up calling their relationship off a few days after the episode. The real winners here are all the women who got the fuck away from Peter and his family. 

No one wants a momma’s boy like THAT. 

Featured image provided by IMDb.