Name: Fahd Alhattab
Program: Political Science and Economics
Position running for: Public affairs councillor

1) Why are you running for CUSA?

I’m running for CUSA because I feel like I can bring a great deal of experience to the table and really improve our students’ association for the best interest of all students. I’m very passionate about community development and we need to continue in strengthening our CUSA student community.

2) What do you think makes you a good candidate?

My experience in non-profit and charity organization across Canada. I have diverse roles that I play in the community from from being Youth Ottawa’s Board chair, to leading fundraiser with Childrens’ Wish Foundation and on the ground volunteer with the Boys & Girls Club of Ottawa.

3) What are two things you hope to achieve if elected?

It’s my dedication to building better communities that makes me a strong candidate and my experience and years in representing and working with diverse populations that makes me a great candidate.

4) What’s one fun fact about yourself?

When I was 13 I was dressed up as the super hero “Captain Oxygen” for Earth Day at my community centre.

Name: Justin Bergamini
Program: Criminology and criminal justice
Position running for: Public Affairs councillor

1) Why are you running for CUSA?

I am running for CUSA to try and give a voice for students.

I believe my positive attitude and love for making people happy.

I hope to remove the politics from student politics and focus on students and to increase school spirit.

4) What’s one fun fact about yourself?

At a moments notice I can sing the entirety of Bohemian Rhapsody.

Name: Taib Koulmiye Boyce
Program: Political Science

1) Why are you running for CUSA?

I’m running for CUSA because I want there to be accountable representation for students in public affairs. It’s our voice, and I feel it needs to be heard free of partisan politics.

I’m a proactive individual who doesn’t take no for an answer. I’m honest and fair and will always have the interests of public affairs students at the forefront of all decisions.

If elected I hope to successfully lobby for student pricing for summer bus passes. Also I want to achieve stronger Wi-Fi access in the quad during the summer months.

4) What’s one fun fact about yourself?

I spent a semester abroad in France and traveled around Europe during this time.

Name: Dan Crich
Program: Political science

1) Why are you running for CUSA?

I’m running for CUSA because I want to give back to my fellow students. I want to make meaningful change that I know will impact students for years to come. And I want to make current students experience at Carleton as good, if not better than how mine has been so far.

Through my experience with Carleton Academic Student Government, I have proven to uphold my four self-pillars of honesty, integrity, accountability and accessibility. I have met with several students about academic issues and have taken action on issues they have brought fourth. I also chair the Governance Review Committee where we are in the process of reviewing the core documents of the organization.

I will lobby to improve the heated bus shelter outside Minto and I will stand up for accountability from our CUSA executive.

4) What’s one fun fact about yourself?

I performed in the opening ceremony of the 2010 Olympic Games in the “Hymn to the North” segment.

Name: Brett Parnell
Program: Fourth-year political science

1) Why are you running for CUSA?

I am running for CUSA because I believe that students deserve commitment and accountability. As one of the next FPA councillors, I will attend every meeting and reach out to students.

I think my qualifications make me a good candidate. I currently am elected as CASG’s poli sci rep, and I sit on seven CUSA committees. Last year, I was also appointed to CUSA council.

If elected, I hope to improve the accountability of CUSA, and to review ancillary fees for waste.

4) What’s one fun fact about yourself?

I love to travel the world solo. I have already been across Canada, the U.S., England, Germany, and Italy.