(Photos by Michel Ghanem)

As predicted, day two of OFW drew a much larger crowd than Friday. Fashionistas (and a few fashionistos) arrived Oct. 13 in their Sunday bests, marking a great start two a new night of fashion. Erica Wark, a fashion blogger and local celebrity showed up in the front for the evening as well.

Guertina Cruz kicked of the evening with a frilly collection, to say the least.  Some of the looks were a little too tablecloth-like for my own taste, but there were a lot of really good pieces.  Cut-dresses, beaded blazers and doily belts were just a few of the pieces Cruz sent down the runway.  The super-trendy peplum also made an appearance, proving the look has some staying power.

Ottawa Fashion Week veterans, Jana Hanzel and Emilia Torabi, must have been hit with a case of scarlet fever, as they sent their models out in a bold collection of entirely red garments.  Harieth Paul, now an international sensation, opened the show for the lovely ladies in a ruffled-bodice frock.  Their presentation was definitely full of drama – from the monochrome collection to the wacky hairdo and the heavy instrumental soundtrack.

Toronto-based designer Carissa McCraig of Copius, showed a collection full of summery florals and colour blocking.  Models walked to the music of Sleigh Bells and Micheal Jackson — an unusual mix that delightfully worked with the show.  Bright teals, yellows and fuchsia made up this season appropriate collection of playful frocks, tasteful trousers and mullet skirts.

Milana Zilnik, Justice R.F. and Zoo Legacy provided the night’s entertainment, adding a lively boost to the fashion marketplace.  So, after a much needed coffee (and pastry) break, it was back inside for the last portion of the show.

Illyria Pestich and Good Luck Shirts teamed up for a presentation of casual cool looks.  The ladies came out in groovy prints and the guys in dark jeans and collared shirts.  At Serendipity, designer Kelsey McIntyre sent out a girly collection, complete with peter pan collars and just enough sparkle.

It was the final show of the night however, that really get people talking.  Andy Nguyen, designer of the label Y!D.N.A. presented a dramatic collection with creative vision.  Oiled up men, sporting leather speedos opened the show, which definitely brought the crowd back to life.

The barely dressed men escorted the female models down the runway, raining them with golden glitter.  Indian saris were surely an inspiration, and paired with stark black leathers, the combinations were full of texture.  A bright red vinyl sweatshirt was a highlight, as were the multi-coloured bomber jacket and leather trousers.  The final look, a bodysuit made from realistic-looking flowers, would surely be a conversation starter at any party.

Nguyen’s presentation was a great end to the night – leather, glitter and almost naked men?  What more could you ask for?