A fraternity at the University of New Hampshire had its charter revoked Nov. 7 after 11 of its members were arrested during a drug raid, according to the Boston Globe.

The Alpha Tau Omega fraternity had previously been issued a five-year suspension because of infringement on the chapter’s rules on alcohol, and the revoking process had already begun only to be sped up following the raid, the Boston Globe reported.

Nine of the 11 arrested members were accused of selling and being in possession of marijuana while the other two were charged with disorderly conduct.

The students who have been charged have been suspended from the university, according to a press release.

Certain fraternity members at Carleton agree with the decision to revoke the University of New Hampshire’s Alpha Tau Omega chapter.

Chase Ferguson, a second-year journalism student and member of Carleton’s Acacia fraternity, said the consequences are justified because the members weren’t following the rules.

“In my opinion, it is totally fair for their charter to be revoked,” he said. “Frequently, breaking the law is certainly a fair reason to be shut down.”

“I know if any Acacia chapter was charged with this, the international council (the fraternity's governing body) would quickly have them shut down out of sheer embarrassment,” he added.

Alex Anderson, vice-president of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity at Carleton, said it’s fair for the entire chapter to be revoked based on the actions of 11 of its members.

“It’s important to understand that any Greek organization is comprised of multiple members that form one unified body,” he said. “The actions of a few members reflect the organization as a whole.”

Due to the precedent set by the fraternity’s past actions, the revocation is even more justified, he said.

“Ultimately, I see it as just for an entire chapter to be shut down for what the 11 brothers did, especially because they have already been in trouble prior to the recent events.”