Spectre is the fourth instalment in the James Bond series featuring Daniel Craig. The film was released in Canada on Nov. 6 and made $545.2 million in box offices across the U.S. and the U.K.

Directed by Sam Mendes, best known for his work on Skyfall, American Beauty, and Revolutionary Road, the film is very well put together and exceptionally entertaining.

The movie stars award-winning actors such as Daniel Craig and Christoph Waltz, as well as supporting actresses Léa Seydoux and Naomie Harris.

The title sequence, which is always a very intense scene, was darker and creepier than past Bond movies. The accompanying song by Sam Smith sounded great, but did not complement the dark nature of the graphics.

As a whole, the action sequences were very exciting and satisfying to watch. And, until about an hour and a half into the movie, the plot seemed to be going somewhere.

The first few scenes were captivating and brought me to the edge of my seat. The audience was patiently waiting for the Bond they know and love to charm a girl, complete a mission, and ultimately save the world from some unknown criminal.

But after that hour-and-a-half mark, I realized how similar the plot of Spectre was to every other Bond movie. From then on, the villains became mundane and Bond became even more unrealistic and cheesy.

For example, Bond was only metres away from several very large explosions without even a flinch. In reality, a person that close would experience severe ringing in their ears or even experience a temporary loss of hearing.

The Bond series is loved because of the predictability of each movie, but now we’re at number four in the Daniel Craig series with little variation in the basic plot, not to mention decades of other Bonds. The movie was visually entertaining, and there was one twist that kept the audience on their toes, but then it followed the same routine ending.

As a whole, the movie was fun to watch and great for Bond lovers, but I would not watch it again. Other than visuals, there’s not much to keep one interested.

Hopefully the next Bond movie has a less predictable plot.