RushFilm Roll

Directed by Ron Howard

Released by Universal Pictures

Forget the pills and weed—nothing packs more of a mind-blowing high than Ron Howard’s Rush.

From the roaring engines to the blood and gore, this film will have you utterly addicted from start to finish. Based on a true story set in the 1970s, Rush brings you James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth) and Niki Lauda (Daniel Brühl), two men willing to take part in one of the world’s most dangerous sports—Formula One racing.

Hemsworth’s brilliance shines through as he portrays a desperate, suicidal racer struggling for normality, yet craving fame. Rush isn’t about men trying to prove masculinity through quantity of women, quality of cars and the possible certainty of death, but more about men struggling with their rightful destiny and whether they are on the right path or not.

Don’t expect a simple story of heroes, villains, damsels, and victories. This isn’t Pixar’s Cars—this is the real deal.

Rush proves there is a hero and a villain in all of us, and sometimes we can’t control which one decides our fate. How much should we risk our lives for our passions? And how much can you “talk the talk” and “walk the walk” before that walk takes you off the road into a fiery inferno?

Howard will have you second guessing everything you believe in as he thrusts you into the world of racing. Hunt and Lauda fight over the winning title and after a while you realize it’s not just a title that drives them, but some ultimate rush they’re hoping to experience.

Be warned—the physical damage Rush inflicts on its drivers is as punishing as the mental struggle. Howard makes you feel every burn and wound of an excruciating hospital scene first-hand.

But don’t let the trailers fool you. There’s much more than racing going on here. By the time you cross the finish line with Hunt and Lauda, this film will leave you in absolute awe. Rush is a must-see!