Annabelle

Directed by John R. Leonetti

Distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures

In last year’s bone-chilling The Conjuring a terrifying doll, Annabelle, was woven into one of the film’s subplots. The doll now has it’s spin-off film that explores its origins.

But does the doll’s own film pack as big of a scare as The Conjuring did?

New director John R. Leonetti moved away from stereotypical pop-up horror scenes. Instead, he lets your mind do some work and brings actually terrifying scenarios to the film.

The stars of The Conjuring don’t show up and you probably won’t recognize any of the actors in Annabelle.

But is it scary? This reviewer saw it in daylight and still got scared!

While the story isn’t as intrusive and in-depth as The Conjuring, the Gordons have their own issues when Satan-worshippers break into their home, leaving bloody religious symbols on the walls of their child’s nursery and a porcelain doll named Annabelle.

After this break-in, unexplainable things start occurring in their home. Annabelle seems to be moving around on her own, and Mia Gordon worries for her child’s safety and her child’s soul.

If you are stuck for plans on Halloween and are craving a few hours of horror and fear, look no further than Annabelle. Her terrifying smile is enough to keep you up at night!

If you are looking for The Conjuring part two though, you aren’t going to find it here.

Annabelle is something separate and needs to be seen without the expectation it is a sequel to The Conjuring. Annabelle may be a doll but do not underestimate its horror. The story behind her is something the ghost hunting couple, the Warrens, take so seriously they keep her in a custom-made glass case and have her blessed by a priest twice a month.

Still ready for a scare?

Annabelle will creep you out just in time for Halloween!