Life presents a vast array of challenges. Where should you attend post-secondary? Where’s my mask? What should you get from McDonald’s on a given day? All of these are great questions, of equal importance. 

However, for me, there is one that stands above all the others in terms of difficulty — and it revolves around my closet.

I wake in my room in Ottawa, go through my standard morning routine, and immediately open the cognac-coloured door that guards my wardrobe. The contents bombard me with clothes fit for any style.

Into Polo Ralph Lauren? Got it. Stone Island and C.P. Company? Well of course. Rick Owens? Well… not on my student budget, but we’ll get there eventually. 

My name is Marcus and I’m just like you. Yes, you. We both put on one shoe at a time—but how much more time I take deciding what that shoe is might be the difference between us.

Fashion for me is more than just clothes. It’s an art form and a way of self expression. It’s the reason why I chose to study journalism at Carleton. Nothing seemed more appealing to me career-wise than being able to read, write and learn about fashion every single day.

If you came to Fashion Forward expecting me to use words like prognostication, pulchritudinous and other terms that appear in the pretentious library that is fashion review literature, then you’re in the wrong place! This column is going to feature topics within fashion, ranging from lookbooks, best-of lists, and even me rating influencer outfits!

I’m extremely excited for you to see what I’m able to produce and hope you’re here for the ride. 

Cheers,

Marcus Mitropoulos

Featured image by Manuel Baechlin.