Venturing into the school of architecture is like entering a goldmine of stylish students. Exploring the upper levels, we discovered Jacquelyn weaving through the classrooms and hallway.

What first caught our eye was her classic style, which, when we took a closer look, we noticed had been modernized by her bright orange belt. Orange was one of the predominant colour trends of the spring/summer runway, popping up at Alberta Ferretti, L’Wren Scott, and many more. Jacquelyn’s addition of a bright colour to her stark outfit added interest and showed her awareness of the changing fashion seasons.

Name: Jacquelyn

Program: Fourth year, architecture

Hometown: Toronto

CU Style (CS): What is your favorite thing about your outfit?
Jacquelyn (J):
Orange! (Points to belt)

CS: Who inspires you?
J:
I look at fashion blogs all the time, and everyone in the school of architecture inspires me. Everyone dresses so well here.

CS: What is one of your wardrobe staples?
J:
Cardigans.

CS: What is a trend that you would like to see go away?
J:
 I participated in this trend for a while, but I would like to see the Ugg boots go away.

After walking into the library, Dana’s retro-inspired outfit caught our eye immediately. Borrowing from a different era, Dana’s outfit was beaming with originality. We especially loved her high-low mix — her dress was from Walmart, while her bag was by Hermes.

Dana also pulled off mixing trends from two different seasons, working ‘40s glam (seen on the fall 2011 runway at Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, and Miu Miu) and the coral lip (which appeared on the spring runway of Jen Kao, among others) into her look.

Name: Dana Zahar

Program: Fourth year, environmental studies with a minor in geography

Hometown: Dubai

Dana (D): It’s so vintage!

CS: What is one of your inspirations?
D: Pan-Am girls.

CS: What is your favorite place to shop at in Ottawa?
D: I actually shop online, vintage.

CS: What was playing on your iPod when we approached you?
D: There Must Be An Angel by Eurhythmics.