The Carleton Academic Student Government (CASG) elected a new president on Oct. 13.

Yet how many students even know about the CASG, or understand what its role is on campus? Most likely very few, and students can be excused for not knowing more.

There is very little information available about the CASG online, both on their personal website and on the university’s website. While their social media pages are regularly updated and well maintained, the CASG website is not. The last post on it dates from April 2016, and none of the links on the site work.

This includes links to their ‘about us’ page, as well as links to the CASG budget and constitution. This is basic information that students should have access to in order to better understand what the CASG is and how it operates.

The CASG is the “official body representing students at Carleton on academic issues,” according to Carleton’s Arthur Kroeger College Educational Student Society website.

However, the fact that even this basic information is not accessible on the CASG website is not a good thing. Students shouldn’t have to search the internet for information on this body, they should be able to access it easily and quickly.

CASG should do a better job of advertising itself, and of making sure that students understand what its role is on campus. This starts with fixing their website, so that students interested in learning more about them can actually do so.