Ottawa’s music festival season is upon us, and Bluesfest, the biggest local draw of the summer, has passed. Thousands of fans converged on LeBreton Flats for 10 days of first-rate performers and entertainment from around the world.

But while the festival was a hit, many were left, bellies full and wallets empty, wondering one thing: why were food and beer prices so high?

Hungry and thirsty fans forced to buy from on-site vendors practically had to sacrifice their first-born child to get a meal. A plate of thin-cut fries was $10, while a miniature takeout box of Pad Thai was $12. Alcohol wasn’t much better as small plastic cups were going for $6 and tall-boys were $7.

The issue here is that for a festival that markets itself so vigorously towards youth, festival organizers seem to have forgotten that the festival-goers they worked so hard to get through the gates can’t afford those prices—especially after purchasing their passes. While there is always an older, wealthier demographic willing to gobble down these ludicrous prices, the majority of ticket buyers are teenagers and 20-somethings.

If you’re going to hype up discounted youth wristbands and bring in performers based solely on the recommendations of the festival’s “TAG team” of young advisers, odds are you can lower the prices on chow a bit. You never know, you might just walk away with more sales and happier customers.

But for now, we’ll say this: Bluesfest, you’ve left a sour taste in our mouths.