(Provided)

Current and newly graduated students seeking summer jobs or full-time employment have a new search engine to help find job postings and make applying for jobs easier than ever.

In June 2013, the Council of Ontario Universities (COU) launched www.MyCareerInfo.ca, an extensive pool of career services dedicated to finding jobs, improving resumés, and acing interviews.

The website’s main purpose is to provide students, graduates, and entry-level workers with a readily accessible portal to a variety of career building options, according to a COU press release.

Visitors may access a range of tools, which include dates and details of job fairs, open invitations to networking and career planning events, free access to online presentations on conducting job searches and perfecting interview skills.

“Ontario universities already have many rich resources available for students and graduates,” chair of the council, Max Blouw, stated on COU’s website. “MyCareerInfo.ca is an extra resource to help students find the help they need…”

The website, which also maintains Twitter and Facebook profiles, also has a database of scholarship and bursary applications, and helps students better understand OSAP applications.

The launch coincides with the most recent COU statistics, showing that within 6 months after graduating, 87.5 per cent of graduates had found jobs, with an average annual salary of $42, 403.

These statistics are down from the two previous years’ averages of 93.6 per cent and 91.7 per cent of employed graduates, with the average recent-graduate salary peaking at $42, 904.

According to Statistics Canada, more than 95,000 jobs were added to the Canadian economy in May 2013—more than half of which were located in Ontario.