Classified has denied the claim. (Provided)

Canadian artist Classified has denied rapping about rape after students took to Twitter claiming he said “give it up for rape” at Western University’s orientation concert.

“Essentially Classified just told my freshman class to get hammered, smoke weed all night, drop out of school, and commit rape. Like get off the stage,” a tweet by Western student Julia Orchard read.

Classified has since denied the claim.

“I would never make a rape joke. I have 2 daughters. Sorry for the misunderstanding,” he tweeted.

The artist added in a separate tweet, “But yes I did rap about weed. Liquor and Partying. I won’t apologize for that.”

In a statement, Western and the University Students’ Council (USC) said they “regret the actions of and commentary made by the artist Classified” during the concert, without referring directly to what he allegedly said on stage.

“Both groups felt the performance did not reflect the mission, values, and messages of the Orientation Program. Western and the USC apologize to those in attendance who were offended,” the statement read.

“The USC and Western do not support what was presented.”

In the statement, the university said it put a lot of effort into promoting consent and respect in relationships during frosh week programming, and it does not condone any form of sexual assault.

Western previously cancelled a scheduled performance at the same concert by artist Sean Kingston, who was originally supposed to perform. The decision came after it was revealed that Kingston was facing a sexual assault lawsuit in the U.S.

“Western and the USC were disappointed to see the week come to an end on this note,” the statement read.