(Photos by Lindsay Crone)

The Campus Style team descends in the grounds below Carleton to examine what students are wearing while they avoid the cold weather. In a coincidental match of architecture students, we asked students for their opinions on CUSA fashion.

Style tip of the week: Get a taste of spring by bringing out the soft hues from your closet – pastels during the winter can revive your look and help you through the darkest days.

Nick, first-year history and theory of architecture

Blazer: Zara

White t-shirt: Gap

Beige Pants: Zara

Oxfords: Aldo

Watch: Fossil

With the CUSA elections finally coming to a close, what do you think the elected candidates should be wearing on a day-to-day basis?

Whatever they want. I think everyone should be respectable-looking ­­– this is why I dress this way, but I mean I think it’s up to the individual what’s best to wear and what’s best for themselves.

Are you ever embarrassed to be around friends that dress badly?

Not at all. I don’t let anyone influence how I think.

Sara, first-year architecture

Top & Pants: Zara

Shoes: Aldo

Bag: Steve Madden

Should our new CUSA president dress in a particular way?

I think it depends on the person. If you want to dress one way, then they can dress the way they want. It’s all about what they’re in for and what they want to achieve.

Do you tend to feel embarrassed or ashamed to be around friends that don’t keep it chic?

All my friends are dressed pretty well, so I don’t know, I don’t care honestly. If they’re dressed in an inappropriate manner I will let them know.

Darwin, first-year history and theory of architecture

Pants & backpack: Topman

Jacket: H&M

Sweater: Zara

Shoes: Steve Madden

Would you be more willing to vote for and support a CUSA president who was well dressed?

I don’t usually judge people based on their appearance, but I feel like most people do judge people based on that and I feel like if you want people to vote for you, you should be presentable – not wearing anything too big, or extravagant or trashy, something simple and elegant.

Are you ever embarrassed for your friends if they’re dressed badly?

Not at all, no. I went through a phase of my life when people thought I dress

ed horribly and they criticized me, so I don’t want to do what people did to me before.

Wishing you could get Campus Style ’d? Follow Michel Ghanem, @wtfmichel.