Are Carleton students ready for the harsh winter ahead? My observations show that students all across campus are making the most of their final few weeks of warm weather to wear out their bright colours and summer prints. That being said, praise the fashion higher-powers for allowing trends to move in a direction full of prints and sharp looks for the fall/winter season this year (think Prada, Rodarte, Rag & Bone) so keep those sweat pants at home, and keep the prints and chic fall clothing coming. Time to layer up!

Marta, first-year international business.

Tell us what you’re wearing today!

The dress is from Forever 21, my gold flip-flops from Marshalls, two of my bracelets are from Singapore that my dad brought home, and the third one is from Turkey. Finally, my sunglasses are from Reserved in Poland.

What inspires your wardrobe?

Well, I go to Europe often, and whenever I visit I see what people wear, I wear what makes me comfortable – but Europe is definitely my biggest influence.

Who do you look up to in terms of style?

Well, I look at magazines such as the H&M magazine and others to get inspired from what models wear. I buy them all the time and they have the coolest outfits in them. Celebrity-wise, I don’t get inspired that much for my wardrobe, I mostly look at what models wear in the magazines.

Where are your shopping hotspots?

My favourite places to shop are definitely firstly H&M, Forever 21, and then Zara.

Fanny, second-year criminology.

What pieces are you wearing today?

The printed button-up is from Winners, the white shorts I think are from England last summer but I’m not sure. The shoes are from Rockport, and my hat is from a small boutique in Montreal. Finally, my bag is from the Bay!

What inspires your wardrobe?

Nothing! I’m not a ‘fashion person’; I just pick out whatever catches my eye. I do love Japanese kinds of styles and Asian-inspired styles though. If you’re wearing something weird, that’s awesome, I love it.

Do you look up to anyone in terms of style?

For celebrities, I think I would have to say Robyn, the Swedish artist, or Big Bang, the guys from South Korea. Even people like Beyoncé or her sister Solange, they’re cool, and I love that!

Where do you shop?

I want to say online but I’ve never actually done online shopping because it scares me. I hate shopping, so when it comes to going out I always get my mom to come with me – not for approval or anything, I just can’t shop by myself or with my friends.

Check back next week for more campus style.

You can follow Michel on Twitter @wtfmichel.