Day six of Ottawa Bluesfest saw an array of unique musicians, ranging from well-established big names to smaller up-and-coming acts.

Andrew Waines, a 20-year-old Carleton student and singer-songwriter, was one of the first artists to perform in front of a reasonably-packed crowd at the Claridge Homes Stage.

Waines performed an array of cover songs and originals to an intimate crowd, including Keith Urban’s “Blue Ain’t Your Colour,” Camila Cabello’s “Havana,” and his own new single.

From unplugged guitar riffs to a splash of trumpet, Waines’ soothing voice lulled the supportive audience throughout the set.

On the opposite side of the festival, Matt Lorenz—otherwise known as The Suitcase Junket—performed at the Blacksheep Stage to a relaxed, but responsive audience. Lorenz is a Cavendish, Vt. artist, tinkerer, one-man band, and master of salvaged sounds.

He brought a new perspective of rock and blues to the evening’s performances, drawing people in with his instrumental inventions and throat-singing.

Using everything from honky-tonks and rock clubs, to juke joints and his own rugged voice, Lorenz’s comical presence and comfortable attitude coaxed the crowd into laughing and singing along. Having performed at last year’s CityFolk Festival, he played songs like “Swamp Chicken” and “Dying Star.”

Following The Suitcase Junket’s performance, Oh Wonder drew a packed, over-capacity audience back to the Claridge Homes Stage for a solid show. The England-based duo, consisting of Anthony West and Josephine Vander Gucht, was welcomed by a combination of long-time fans and first-time show-goers.

Between West’s music production and rock background, and Vander Gucht’s classical training, the duo enchanted the jammed audience with their singer-songwriter charm. They played old and new songs like “Lose it,” and the first song they ever recorded together, “Body Gold.”

“This song is about the importance of being true to yourself . . . and never giving up on your dreams and yourself,” Vander Gucht said about their song “All We Do,” which got the audience cheering and singing along.

The duo’s light melodies were a refreshing change from the heavier rock and roll performances of the last few nights, but that didn’t keep attendees from enjoying the Dave Matthews Band, who stole the show on the City Stage.

Formed in Charlottesville, Va. in 1991, members of the group include: Dave Matthews (vocals and guitar), Carter Beauford (drums), Stefan Lessard (bass), Tim Reynolds (guitar), Rashawn Ross (trumpet), and Jeff Coffin (saxophone).

The band kicked off the performance with its Grammy Award-winning hit, “So Much to Say,” playing songs from albums like Remember Two Things, and Under the Table Dreaming. Older Dave Matthews Band fans seemed to overwhelm the crowd, but that didn’t mean the audience was any less engaged.

Playing most of the show unplugged, the vibes on the sixth day were light-hearted and relaxed among the artists and audience, a drastic shift from the upbeat performances of the night before.