Toronto Police Service released a public report March 14 detailing the arrest of six male suspects related to the shooting on York University’s Keele campus March 6.

“I would like to thank the Toronto Police Service for their swift response to this disturbing incident,” York University president Mamdouh Shoukri said in an online statement following news of the arrest. “I also wish to acknowledge York Security Services for assisting in the investigation and cooperating fully with Police.”

An official report from Toronto Police Service outlined the arrest of Kemon Edwards, a male aged 22, at an unspecified location. He has been charged with eight separate offences in relation to the incident at the York University Student Centre, in which two women sustained non-lethal injuries.

The stated charges include aggravated assault and unauthorized possession of a firearm, as well as charges for the possession of several different drugs.

A consequent search warrant for a location within the area of Steeles Avenue West and Jane Street resulted in the other arrests.

Three men and two boys were also apprehended. The report said the search prompted between 13 and 15 charges to each of the five individuals, with an additional seven charges for the original suspect.

Shoukri said multiple actions to improve safety on the York University campus have been implemented immediately following the incident. These changes include the installation of additional security cameras, more security officers, and a complete responsive debriefing with the Toronto Police for further measures.

“Despite the challenges of this week, I am heartened by the strong and compassionate response I have seen within the York community,” Shoukri said. “There are countless leaders here at York —within our student community, faculty, and staff—who are committed to working together to ensure the safety and security of our campuses.”