As athletics wind down for the 2013-14 season at Carleton, the Charlatan is putting together an all-Raven team, made up of players from different sports on campus.

Here are the 10 nominees for the team. Online voting will take place until April 8, where our readers can vote for the top five finalists.

Reader's choice all-star team (Pick your top five)

• Erik Willis, powerlifting (34%, 246 Votes)
  • Andrew Latty, soccer (14%, 98 Votes)
  • Evan Hammond, baseball (9%, 66 Votes)
  • Philip Scrubb, basketball (9%, 62 Votes)
  • Elizabeth Roach, basketball (7%, 52 Votes)
  • Briana De Souza, soccer (7%, 50 Votes)
  • Matthew Stanisz, hockey (7%, 49 Votes)
  • Jesse Mills, football (5%, 34 Votes)
  • Maria Godfrey, rugby (5%, 33 Votes)
  • Eri Kiribuchi, hockey (4%, 32 Votes)

Total Voters: 397

Loading ... Loading ...
(Provided by Erik Willis)
(Provided by Erik Willis)

Erik Willis, powerlifting

Willis has proven in his third year of competing why he is a top athlete for the Ravens powerlifting team, after standing out in the 105-kilogram weight class this season.

Weighing in at five-foot-11, 231 pounds, Willis dominated at the 2014 College and University Raw Powerlifting Meet Feb. 8.

His personal bests for the day included lifting 605 pounds on the back squat lift, 385 pounds on the bench press, and deadlifted 675 pounds, earning him the first place trophy.

None of the other competitors came within 100 pounds of his 605 pound record-breaking squat, and as a team the Ravens won eight of the 15 trophies, making them the strongest team at the competition.

(File photo by Nisita Ratnasari)
(File photo by Nisita Ratnasari)

Philip Scrubb, basketball

For the third year in a row, Scrubb has been named the Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) men’s basketball player of the year.

The six-foot-three point guard led his team in points per game, assists, three-point shooting, and free-throw percentage and was the face of the program.

With his ability to do it all on the court and chemistry with his brother Thomas Scrubb, he has been an integral part of the reason for the Ravens’ success.

(File photo by Nisita Ratnasari)
(File photo by Nisita Ratnasari)

Matthew Stanisz, hockey

Not long after suffering a knee injury that forced him to miss the second half of this season for the Ravens hockey team, Stanisz strapped his skates back on just in time for playoffs.

At six-foot-one and 205 pounds, the third-year defenceman is not the biggest skater on the ice, but his offensive ability speaks for itself.

In only 18 regular season games he had 19 assists, earning him a spot on the Ontario University Athletics (OUA) East all-star team alongside fellow Ravens first-year forward Michael McNamee.

(Photo courtesy Murray McComb)
(Photo courtesy Murray McComb)

Maria Godfrey, rugby

While only in her first year on the women’s rugby team, Godfrey was recognized as the most outstanding player on her team.

She was the only Raven named to the RSEQ (Quebec Student Sports Federation) all-star team.

The five-foot-five forward, led her team, scoring three tries and making seven conversions for a total of 35 points all season.

She was named player of the game twice and finished seventh overall in RSEQ scoring.

After being a significant threat this season, Godfrey will return next year as a skilled leader.

(File photo by Leah Gordon)
(File photo by Leah Gordon)

Elizabeth Roach, basketball

Roach played a total of 22 games in the 2013-14 season, scoring 323 total points and averaging 14.7 points per game.

She had 109 assists, 49 steals, and 135 rebounds. For the past two years, Roach was named as the OUA East women’s basketball player of the year.

(File photo by Willie Carroll)
(File photo by Willie Carroll)

Jesse Mills, football

Last season began the rebirth of the Ravens football program, with Mills playing seven of the team’s eight games as quarterback.

He completed 90 passes for 1,211 yards, averaging 173 yards per game with five touchdown passes. The team had a rough season but Mills said he thinks they just need time to get to know each other better.

(File photo by Christian Alphonse)
(File photo by Christian Alphonse)

Andrew Latty, soccer

The third-year striker started 10 out of 14 games for the Ravens last year, scoring eight goals on 35 shots. He scored a goal on almost 25 per cent of the shots he took.

In 2012, Latty was named OUA East Division men’s soccer player of the year.

In 2013 he was an OUA East first team all-star and won the OUA East Community Service award for his charity work.

“I’m a leader,” he said. “I lead by example on and off the field.”

Briana De Souza, soccer

(File photo by Christian Alphonse)
(File photo by Christian Alphonse)

Briana De Souza anchored the defence as centreback this season, starting 10 games for the women’s soccer team and leading the team to the bronze medal game.

In May 2013, De Souza signed to the women’s league of the Ottawa Fury and the OUA also recognized her as a female scholar-athlete.

In 2012, she was named an OUA first team all-star and has also co-captained the Guyana team, playing internationally in the Confederation of North, Central American, and Caribbean Association Football competition.

Evan Hammond, baseball

(Provided)
(Provided)

The three-year veteran joined the team after playing at the college level in the United States. Since he joined, the team has reached the national tournament each year.

A wrist injury cut short his production in the 2012 season, but he came back in 2013.

His hard work paid off as he made 58 plate appearances in 16 games.

Hammond had a batting average of .457, an on base percentage of .535,  one home run, and 13 RBI in the team’s 9-7 season.

Eri Kiribuchi, hockey

(File photo by Carol Kan)
(File photo by Carol Kan)

Kiribuchi started 14 of the 16 games she played this season. She had a .900 save percentage and stopped 523 shots, which placed her sixth in the RSEQ.

She has a long history in hockey, playing all over the world. Before coming to Carleton, she spent time in Japan, Czech Republic, and the United States.

Leading by example, Kiribuchi said she tried to work hard and tried to make her teammates better.