Trying to play and win on the road can come with a lot of problems—unfamiliar stadiums, hostile crowds, and long bus trips are all factors that you must cope with.

Someone must have forgotten to tell the Carleton Ravens women’s soccer team this as they were able to finish the weekend with a grand aggregate score of 7-0.

The first stop of the trip saw the Ravens playing in North Bay against the home team Nipissing Lakers. This game was over almost as soon as it started with fourth-year midfielder Tina Lacava opening the scoring in the third minute of play.

The Ravens were not done there, as in the 25th minute of play fourth-year defender Rozlyn Boutin doubled the visitors’ score. The Ravens would not rest on their laurels, and they continued to put pressure on the Lakers’ net.

After the halftime break the Ravens continued their dominance with fourth-year Adrianna Ruggierio finding the back of the net twice, and rookie forward Melat Cherent rounding out the scoring at 5-0.

Fourth-year forward and co-captain of the Ravens Veronica Mazzella said the dominant victory was big for the team.

“The result shows that what we’re working on in practice is starting to come out on games and we’re starting to play as a unit which allows to get positive results,” she said.

The next day the Ravens picked up right where they left off, travelling to Sudbury to take on the Laurentian Voyageurs. Once again it was the veterans of the team leading the way with Mazzella and fourth-year forward Nicole Filipow netting a goal on either side of the halftime whistle.

After the game, Filipow spoke on how important it was to be able to secure the six points.

“It shows we go into every game, no matter who the opponent is and not changing our game plan, depending on who we play. All around it was a really good weekend,” she said.

While they were able to secure six points, it wasn’t as easy as it may have looked. Against the Voyageurs, the Ravens found themselves in a much closer game, but they were able to hold onto their two goal lead with second year goalkeeper Rada Mintchev recording six saves and the clean sheet.

Mazzella said it was significant being able to keep two clean sheets over the weekend.

“Getting the clean sheet is always a goal going into every game. It is very important to score goals, but it is also very important keep our shape and support our goalkeeper,” she said.

The six points improve the Ravens to 4-1-1 and tied for second place in the Ontario University Athletics east division

Next up, the Ravens will be at home playing against the rival and top-ranked University of Ottawa Gee-Gees on Sept. 21 before taking a six-day break. After that they will play host to Nipissing on Sept. 27.

Next up, the Ravens will be at home playing against the rival and top ranked University of Ottawa Gee-Gees on Sept. 21.